Last updated September 21, 2009
for information on Internet safety and security from the Federal Trade Commission.
What information is collected from me?
Information You Give Us:
- Notice - You have a right to know what data is collected by Chariots at what part of the Sites and how in general it will be used.
- Choice - You have a right to choose (or choose not to) share information with us and our marketing allies, where it is reasonable to do so.
- Control of Your Information - You have a right to access, edit and review your personally identifiable information (information which may, on its own be directly traceable to you, such as your name, social security number, financial profile, or contact information) collected by us and stored on one or more of the Sites.
- Non-Use - You have a right to know how to contact us to ask that we no longer use your information to market to you, and to have us reasonably comply with your request.
- Security - You have a right to know what security measures we have implemented in order to protect your personally identifiable information.
Automatic Collection of Information:
Like many Web sites on the Internet, we automatically track certain information about you as you visit and use our Site to help us to better understand how the Site is being used and how we can enhance your overall experience on the Site and improve the information, Site functionality, products and services that we (and our advertisers and partners) provide to you. This information may include, for example, your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, the URLs and Site pages you've visited, the number of times you visit each Site page, what downloads and/or search queries you have made, how long you spent on particular sections of each Site and on each Site generally, and your browser type. This automatically gathered data includes information provided through the use of "cookies" (which is described in more detail below).
How is my information used and shared?
The use of your information depends on the context in which it is collected. Therefore, pay special attention to the categories below that relate to the features of the Sites that you wish to utilize. We may share the Personal Information we collect from you only with your consent or under the following circumstances:
- Chariots affiliates and partners. We work closely with our affiliates with whom we may share Personal Information. In addition, we may share Personal Information with our partners and service providers.
- Service Providers. We may use other companies and individuals to perform supporting functions for the various tools, functionality, products and services offered through our Site on our behalf. These service providers will not be permitted to use the information collected from you for any other purpose other than performing the support functions for Chariots and/or offering additional services, promotions or other offers to you. For example, from time to time, we may use a third-party advertising company to serve ads when you visit our Web site. Such company may use certain information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to this Web site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by this company, please click here.
- Asset transfers. We continue to develop our business and in doing so might choose to buy other businesses or assets. Personal Information is generally one of the transferred assets acquired in such purchases. Also, if we should choose to sell some or all of our assets, Personal Information, including the information collected from you through the Sites, could be included in the transferred assets. However, should any sale of an asset include your Personal Information we will notify you of the event and give you an opportunity to respond.
- Requested Information Exchange. If you have indicated that you want to be contacted by third parties, we may use the Personal Information we collect to select which names to provide to a particular third party in order to present you with products and services that we believe will be of interest to you, but we will not disclose this type of information, other than your contact information (information that provides a means of contacting you), to any such third party.
- Anonymous Data. In all other circumstances, Chariots may use certain anonymous data automatically gathered by our servers so that we can understand how to make the Site more convenient and useful to our audience. We may also use aggregate information to share information with the public regarding products, services, content or tools that may of interest to them.
Information from Cookies: Cookies are small files that we send to and store on your computer so that we can recognize it as a unique machine the next time you visit the Sites. Our cookies are used for three purposes: (1) to keep track of your information for your own convenience; (2) to help us optimize your online experience by altering our content depending on your particular needs or browsing patterns, and to provide you with advertisements, products and services that we believe will be of interest to you; and (3) to help us understand the size of our audience and their traffic patterns within the Sites. You are always free to decline any cookies we use if your browser permits. Some of our advertisers and third-party service providers may also utilize their own cookies. In addition, we and our service providers sometimes use "clear GIFs" in connection with cookies and other website functions. Clear GIFs perform administrative functions without detracting from your online experience. They may be used to perform statistical and administrative tasks including measuring site and page traffic, verifying advertising avenues and positioning images on the web. Clear GIFs do not collect Personal Information.
For products and services provided by the Sites, the information you submit is used by us to provide the product or service you've requested. We may also share this information with subcontractors, but only to the extent necessary to fulfill your request or to facilitate your use of their services. In addition, we may use the contact information and non-financial information you've supplied, such as your email address, as set out in the registration section, above.
From time to time, we may wish to use Personal Information you provide when requesting a product or service for purposes beyond those listed above. If this is the case, you will be notified of the additional use prior to your submitting the Personal Information, and you'll be given a chance to opt-out of that use or to not complete the request for the particular product or service.
Children's Privacy: Our Sites are general audience Web sites targeted to the general adult population and our Site (nor any portion thereof) is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not collect Personal Information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13. If we become aware that Personal Information regarding an individual under the age of 13 has been stored, we will promptly delete it from our records.
User-Initiated Communication: From time to time, portions of the Site may enable you to send email to us or to third parties and to participate in public bulletin boards and discussion groups (hosted by us or one or more of our service providers). All postings to public bulletin boards and discussion groups become our property. Whenever you choose to initiate these kinds of communication with us, or anyone else, you may expect to be contacted in return. Also, remember that our bulletin boards and discussion groups are open to the public, and therefore, your postings can be seen by anyone and are not protected by us or any other entity. Please use your own discretion when deciding what to post publicly and whom to contact. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit or delete inappropriate postings from our bulletin boards and discussion groups; provided, however, the reservation of this right shall not, under any circumstances, obligate us to conduct such editing or deletions.
What choices do I have regarding the use of my information?
How do I "opt-out"?
You also have the ability to terminate email correspondence (including newsletter correspondence) from us at any time. You may be given the chance to opt-out of direct mailings when you disclose your email address to us. Further, all of our email correspondence contains an "Unsubscribe" link at the conclusion of the message. To opt-out, simply click the link, or, in the case of text messages, send an email to the "Unsubscribe" URL listed in the email, and you will be opted-out of future messages from that particular email service. To opt-out or request that we not use your Personal Information to market information to you, please email email@example.com with your request.
How is my information protected?
Whenever Personal Information about you is stored on our computers, that information is password-protected from unauthorized access or use. In addition, this information is kept on servers that are located behind a firewall.
Effective Date and Modifications
Chariots 4 Charity, Inc.
703 SW 74th Ave
North Lauderdale, FL 33068